Good writing always makes me want to paint. Here is some of the artwork that has been inspired by quotes that I like.
There are a lot of words that are important to me but perhaps none more so than HOPE. Being bi-polar, life has been challenging at times but I have always tried to focus on possibilities and live in a place of hope. These words by Emily Dickinson resonate with me and they are the first quote that I painted. The painting hangs in my bedroom and I reflect upon these words everyday.
Do you have a quote that speaks to you? I would love to work with you to create a painting that captures the spirit of the quote for you. A commissioned print also makes an excellent gift for someone special in your life.
The quotes below may be purchased for $30.00. Additional prints cost $25.00. See ordering information for purchase details.
- BEACH AND MOUNTAIN. This quote from Peter Pan captures the spirit of those who love to explore the great outdoors.
- SHELL. Nothing wipes away the weight of everyday life any better than the sand, salt, waves, and wind of a day at the beach. A perfect quote for a beach lover.
- LEAF. Emerson’s words remind of us of the relationship we have with every living creature on earth.
- DANDELION. A thought on having a positive nature.
- OCTOBER. A happy quote from Anne of Green Gables to celebrate Autumn.
- GARDEN. If you are a gardener, you know this feeling.
FAVORITE LITERARY QUOTES.
1. NO NEED.
2. CONSUME ME.
- NO NEED. A perfectly stated sentiment by Virginia Woolf on centering oneself.
- CONSUME ME. These passionate and haunting words from Virginia Woolf remind me how safely and without passion we often live.
- BATH. Sylvia Plath’s words are perfect for any bath lover.
- FIERCE. I like these words from Shakespeare because women have to be and are, from the very beginning, fierce.
- COMFORT. Jane Austen’s words, astute and simple, capture the simple pleasure of being at home. This quote can be purchased as is or can be commissioned with another house. Especially makes a great gift for new homeowners or for someone downsizing.
1. OPEN DOOR.
2. TEA BAG.
- OPEN DOOR. Words of optimism from someone who had more struggles than most.
- TEA BAG. Who better to speak about strong women than Eleanor Roosevelt.
1. LIFE BEGAN.
2. BOOKER T. MOTHERHOOD.
4. DICKINSON MOTHERHOOD.
- LIFE BEGAN. This beautiful George Elliot quote makes a perfect gift for any mom.
- BOOKER T. MOTHERHOOD. A quote speaking to the immense influence that a mother has on her child.
- GROCERY. Every mother understands this one.
- DICKINSON MOTHERHOOD. I relate to this one even more now that my mom is gone.
3. BUSHEL AND A PECK.
- BALLOON. These words from Peter Pan serve a an important reminder to all of us.
- COMPASS. The same words painted by request.
- BUSHEL AND A PECK. Also painted as a commission but is an often used phrase in many families.
- SOMETIMES. Winnie the Pooh makes everyone happy.
- GLINDA. Who doesn’t need this reminder? I love this quote although honestly I am not a huge Wizard of Oz fan because I was terrified as a child of the trees. (Yeah, that’s right, not the monkeys, the trees).